INDEPTH organized Meetings (one main meeting / year), Training Schools (to learn and practice techniques) , Workshops (short meetings with experts) and Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs).
An important part of the activities of the COST Action involve scientific meeting that bring together a wide set of scientists to build collaborations and to share expertise in experimental techniques.
August 20th-23rd 2021: INDEPTH Main Meeting 2021 in Thessaloniki. Please check the main meeting page for more information.
September 2021: PlantEd Cost Action meeting in Lecce, Italy. We hope to collaborate with the PlantEd Cost Action to be a part of this main meeting. The planning for this event is ongoing and more details about INDEPTH involvement will appear early in 2021.
June 29th- July 2nd 2021: The Virtual SEB Main Meeting in 2021 will includes two days on ”Dynamic organization of the nucleus across kingdoms’.
December 9th-11th 2019: Main Meeting for INDEPTH Grant Period 3: El Escorial, Spain. This meeting was co-organised as a Society for Experimental Biology (SEB) Plant and Cell Symposium. Over half of the invited speakers were from outside the INDEPTH consortium and brings together an international expertise in this research area. Download the Meeting abstract book here (PDF).
February 24th– 27th 2019: Main Meeting for INDEPTH Grant Period 2: Prague, Czech Republic. – This meeting focussed on updates from INDEPTH members with a small number of invited external speakers. The sessions wer aligned with the INDEPTH Workgroup topics and the abstract book from this meeting can be downloaded. Watch the exciting YouTube video from the meeting.
June 25th-29th 2018: International Conference on Arabidopsis Research (ICAR): The activities of the INDEPTH consortium will be introduced and discussed during a workshop sessions at ICAR2018 in Turku, Finland. Please come to the workshop to learn more about this exciting grant.
July 3th-6th 2018: SEB Main Meeting, Florence; Members of the INDEPTH consortium are involved in the organisation of the two-day session entitled ‘ Functional Organisation of the Nuclear Periphery‘. Information about this session and registering for the SEB meeting can be found here.
March 12th-14th 2018: INDEPTH Kickoff meeting in Clermont-Ferrand. Download the abstract book from this meeting.
INDEPTH will organize training schools that will allow up to 20 early career researchers to spend 5 days at a partner lab learning skills that will aid their research.
Training School 1: Cytogenetics
- Université Clermont Auvergne, France: October 15th-19th 2018.
Training program focused on DNA and RNA FISH (root tips, whole mount, acrylamide embedded protocol).
Training School 2: From Pictures 2 Numbers
- University of Antwerp, Belgium. September 10th-12th 2019
The aim of this course was to lower the threshold for researchers who use microscopy on a routine basis and/or demand image analysis for their own research.We were able to support up to 15 INDEPTH members. The workshop will host a maximum of 30 delegates and preference will be given the delegates who can bring their own datasets for analysis. All the relevant information can be found on the Meeting Workshop. If you have any questions about the meeting then. please contact Winnok De Vos.
Training School 3: Plant Nuclear Proteomics
- Training School on Plant Nuclear Proteomics took place in Olomouc, Czech Republic between July 8th-12th 2019. The scientific report summarizes the following topics covered by lectures and laboratory experiments: 1) Plant sample preparation and flow cytometry of cell nuclei 2) Digestion of the nuclei by a nuclease 3) Protein recovery and proteolytic digestion 4) Peptide desalting 5) Reversed-phase liquid chromatography of peptides 6) Tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS and MALDI-MS/MS) 7) MS/MS data processing & bioinformatics.
Claire Jourdain (Freie University in Berlin) reported from this excellent event.
Training School 4: Imaris-based Image Processing
- Organised at University of Zurich by Celia Baroux and Bitplane AG: Due to the COVID19 situation we are currently searching for a new date for this workshop.
- Registration limited to 16 participants for which INDEPTH will be able to support registration, travel and accommodation. Full information can be found on the registration page.
Training School 5: Protein-Protein Interactions
- Virtual event hosted at the University of Warsaw and organised by Rafal Archaki and Marta Koblowska. Date: February 8th-10th 2021. FINAL SCHEDULE.
Participants have been selected for this event and have been contacted by the organisers.
Two videos from this event can be found on the INDEPTH Academy YouTube page.
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
STSMs allow the travel of an early career researcher to a lab in a different partner country in order to learn an experimental technique that will be valuable for their future research. STSMs may last up to 3 months and are financially supported by the COST Action. General rules regarding INDEPTH STSMs can be downloaded here.
31 STSMs were achieved during INDEPTH.
|Participant||Grade||Gender||Year||Home Country||Host country|
|Sophie Desset||Staff member||F||2018||France||Sweden|
|Konstantin Kutashev||PhD||M||2018||Czech Republic||France|
|Ariadna Picart Picolo||PhD||F||2018||France||Germany|
|Dina Loginova||Staff member||F||2018||Russian Federation||Germany|
|Andrea Frances Tolmie||Post-doc||F||2018||United Kingdom||France|
|Norbert Andrasi||PhD||M||2018||Hungary||United Kingdom|
|Ksenija Taski-Ajdukovic||Staff member||F||2018||Serbia||Italy|
|Valrie Gaudin||PI||F||2019||France||Czech Republic|
|Mohamed Ragab Abdel Gawwad||PI||M||2019||Bosnia-Hercegovina||Czech Republic|
|Jovanka Vladejic||PhD||F||2021||Czech Republic||France|
|Ramakrishna Yadala||PhD||M||2021||Germany||Czech Republic|
Examples of reports from STSM are given below to learn more about the exciting training opportunities supported by the INDEPTH Action:
- Andrea Tomlie: Identification of novel components of the plant nuclear envelope. Oxford Brookes University > UCA, Clermont-Ferrand. Project description not final report.
- Sophie Desset: 3D FiSH in plants with DNA probes. Université Clermont Auvergne > Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU
- Gianluca Teano: Deciphering how histone H1 variants drive light-controlled heterochromatin dynamics in Arabidopsis. IBENS, Paris > University of Zürich
Watch a short video from the INDEPTH meeting in Prague that has 4 successful STSM students talking about their positive experiences conducting an STSM.
8 Workshops were achieved during INDEPTH.
|Workshop #1||Oxford Brookes||04/2018||Website Training (PDF)|
|Workshop #2||Florence||07/2018||WG1 on 3D Image Analysis (PDF)|
|Workshop #3||Zurich||10/2018||Galaxy and Hi-C Training (PDF)|
|Workshop #4||Clermont-Ferrand||04/2019||Organisation of 3rd main meeting|
|Workshop #5||Madrid||09/2019||Promotion of INDEPTH activity (MP4)|
|Workshop #6||Lisbon||09/2019||OMERO Training session (PDF)|
|Workshop #7||El-Escorial||12/2019||Interactions with Industry (PDF)|
|Workshop #8||Virtual||02/2021||Proteomics (PDF)|